Convertus takes your privacy seriously and is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Because we do gather certain types of information from visitors to our sites, we have developed a privacy statement to help you understand the terms and conditions surrounding the collection and use of that information.
This statement discloses the types of information we gather, how it is used, and how you can gain access to and edit any data that we’ve collected about you at any time.
Guiding Principles: Convertus respects the privacy of individuals who visit our Websites, send us e-mail, or participate in features/services we offer online. Accordingly, our policy regarding online privacy has been developed using the following guiding principles:
- Convertus maintains a strict “no-spam” policy. Subscribers to our e-mail services (or any other feature/service found on our Website) will not receive unsolicited e-mail messages from us. Convertus collects information online primarily to provide our visitors with a more relevant experience on our sites. When doing so, we will make every reasonable effort to avoid excessive or irrelevant collection of data.
- Convertus will take reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure any information you provide to us (e.g. data will be stored in protected databases on secured servers with restricted access).
- Convertus will not share any information you’ve provided to us with anyone without your consent other than to provide the service you’ve requested. At the time you register for any such service, you will be notified of, and asked to consent to, the sharing of your information with any particular third party necessary to the provision of the requested service.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Data: Anytime you visit our Website, we may gather certain non-personally identifiable information regarding the means you use to access our site. This information may include the type and version of your browser, your service provider, your IP address and any search engine you may have used to locate the site. We use this information to help diagnose problems with our server, administer the Website, and compile broad statistical data. In addition, we gather certain navigational information about where you go on our Websites. This information enables us to determine which areas of the Websites are most frequently visited and helps us to tailor the sites to the needs and interests of our online visitors. Such information is gathered by us in the aggregate and will not be associated with a specific individual without that individual’s consent.
- Information Voluntarily Provided: Any information you provide to us (i.e. name, e-mail address, etc.) when you enrol in one of our offered services, request information, or use any of the other interactive portions of our Websites, is securely maintained on our Web server and internal systems. This information may be used to provide you with information you’ve requested about our company, our products and our services, or to provide you with special notices. You may opt out of receiving future communications at any time (see opt-out procedures below). This data may also be used to tailor your experience on our sites by providing content that is relevant to your interests and geographic region.
- Disclosure of Personal Information: Convertus understands the importance of your privacy. We collect and maintain the personal information of our consumers for our use and our subsidiaries. We do not sell, rent, or trade consumer information to third parties, other than as described below, and never without your consent.
- Business Partners: Convertus may partner with select retailers and other companies at various times to provide expanded services to our site visitors. As part of such a relationship, we may share with these companies the use of certain interactive Website functions. Information provided by site visitors through the use of such interactive functions may be available to both Convertus and our partners.
- Agents: Convertus may use other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include administering e-mail services and running special promotions. Such parties only have access to the personal information needed to perform these functions and may not use or store the information for any other purpose. Subscribers or site visitors will never receive unsolicited e-mail messages from agents working on our behalf.
- Business Transfers: In the event that Convertus sells or transfers a particular portion of its business assets, consumer information may be one of the business assets transferred as part of the transaction. If substantially all of the assets of Convertus are acquired, consumer information may be transferred as part of the acquisition.
- Compliance with Law / Safety: Convertus may disclose specific personal information based on a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with or conform to the law or that such disclosure is necessary to protect the users of our Websites, the sites themselves, or the public.
- Passwords: The personal data record created through your registration with our Website can only be accessed with the unique password associated with that record. To protect the integrity of the information contained in this record, you should not disclose or otherwise reveal your password to third parties.
- Public Forums: Our Websites may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users at various times. Please remember that, unless otherwise stated, any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these areas.
- Opt-out Procedures: You may always opt-out of receiving future communications from Convertus. Our sites allow users to opt-out of receiving such communications at the point where personal information is requested, or through other means as identified.