Were you born and bred to sell? Do you have a sixth-sense for connecting products with clients? Do you want to provide a valuable service that really does what it promises? Do you love a challenge, and working in a tight-knit team? Then Convertus might just be the place for you!
Our company is unique, innovative, young and fun – so we’ve attempted to create a job posting that embodies the same characteristics. Why did we include a picture of batman riding a mechanical unicorn surrounded by dolphins and a rainbow on this job posting? Because we can. That’s why.
You’re probably wondering…
Who are you guys?
We are a young and hungry company that specializes in website design, SEO, and SEM in the automotive industry. Our company has been growing lightning-fast for five years, and now we’re ready to put our foot on the throttle and add to our business development team. The selected candidate will be working directly with one of the co-founders of the company to help bring in new business. Together, the two of you will become an unstopped wrecking ball of awesomeness. Wow.
Okay, I’m listening…
Your title will be ‘Digital Solutions Advisor’. Your mission (should you choose to accept it) will be to help our company grow by securing new clients across North America. Our company is focused exclusively on the automotive sector. We provide innovative digital marketing solutions to car dealerships / auto groups and vehicle manufacturers across the continent. We’ve gained incredible traction in the market and our company is growing rapidly as a result. This is your opportunity to get into an exciting and flexible work environment, with an incredible amount of opportunity for advancement. Cha cha cha.
I’m awesome. What can you offer?
Yes, you are awesome – and we can offer you a lot! This role will be a salary + commission dealio. You’ll be expected to hit your target every month, and if you do, you’re going to like the numbers on your paycheck.
Despite being a relatively young company, we’ve got some amazing stuff to offer. Check out the list below to get a feel for what you can expect if things work out between us:
- Extremely positive and productive atmosphere, with an incredible culture
- Access to a range of adorable doggos that come into the office every day
- Incredible Nerf wars in the office every week
- Team sports and events (dodgeball, running events, etc.)
- An awesome office in Yaletown complete with a gym, gaming centre, hammocks, etc.
- An amazing employee benefits program (medical, dental, spending account, etc.)
- Intense ping pong tournaments
- Super casual business environment
- Semi-flexible hours
- Fully stocked pantry and fridge with amazing snacks and drinks
- Frequent team-building events (think escape rooms, trampoline parks, etc.)
- Incredible Nerf wars in the office (we thought this was worth mentioning twice)
I’m still unsure…
If this doesn’t sound like damn-close to your dream job description at this point, this probably isn’t the right fit for you. This is a unique opportunity and it’s not going to work for everyone. With that said, someone is going to hit the jackpot and the career of a lifetime. (either way, thanks for dropping by! We appreciate you taking the time to read this posting.)
What else should I know?
The ideal candidate should be comfortable working independently, have a knack for selling things to other people, and possess top-notch communication skills.
- Prospecting for new business (in person, phone, email, social, etc.)
- Conducting demonstrations and creating proposals
- Successfully bring in new business
Key skills and abilities:
- Previous sales experience is desirable, but we will train the right candidate
- Previous experience in a communication-centric role
- Unwavering confidence
- Able to handle rejection with ease
- Excellent phone communication skills
- Extreme persistence
- Great organizational abilities
- Automotive industry experience/knowledge/connections
- Digital marketing experience/knowledge
- Previous experience with Nerf guns would be a big plus
Does this sound like a good fit for you? If so, let’s get right to it and make the magic happen.
Please send us your resume and cover letter as one combined PDF document. Only those selected for an interview will receive a response – Thank you for your interest.
P.S. Feel free to include a meme in your application that will get our attention and/or make us laugh.
Similar roles: Marketing coordinator, account executive, eCommerce manager, car dealership marketing, media relations, relationship management, director of operations, operations manager, customer service representative, client care, sales, business development – Stop reading this and send us your application!