The Senior Software Engineer in Test works across agile teams to ensure integration points meet functional, performance, and code standard requirements. This role requires that software engineering best practices are applied to the domain of software quality testing. Working closely with product managers, dev supervisors, and other agile team members, the SDET ensures that the desired result for our services are achieved.
What you’ll do…
- Maintain and expand existing automation frameworks.
- Investigate customer problems referred to you by the technical support team, testing the software defects, and manage the reporting of your day to day work within our tracking system.
- Work in an agile team of Web Developer, QA personals and contribute to Kanban-based execution of project and day to day works.
- Perform technical analysis of software design by offering input on the testability of functional elements and designs plus non-functional requirement.
- Test execution on staging, and production builds of software on multiple platforms included responsive web, private REST APIs, and 3rd party integrations.
- Performs load and stress testing of the services.
- Provide real time test metrics around the system and services
- Assist in the mentorship of QA personals team members on automation testing best practices, testing design patterns/anti-patterns, and proper testing strategy.
What you bring to the table
- Strong Knowledge of testing frameworks such as Junit/testNG with Selenium.
- Experience with load testing using JMeter or similar.
Must have Experience
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong knowledge of the “Test Pyramid” and Testing strategies.
- 5+ years direct experience in software development with strong, hands-on experience in software automation testing, test case development, test execution, test results analysis, and test optimization.
- Experience in the creation, maintenance and optimization of automation frameworks including management of test reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in JUnit/testNG.
- Experience working within a formal CI/CD pipeline.
- Agile team and methodology experience
Nice to have Experience
- experience in BDD
- Good understanding of Version Control tools such as GIT.
- Jira/Confluence experience
- Kanban experience.