Are you all about problem solving, debugging and coming up with innovative ways to solve high-impact issues? Would you like to work alongside a team of passionate industry professionals who specialize in the execution of premium websites and digital marketing solutions for Automotive Retailers?
We are on the lookout for a qualified individual to lead a team of developers to maintain and improve a scalable, high-performance, distributed website platform built on top of WordPress Multisite. You will report to the Director of Engineering and will work to help meet the objectives of our company and lead innovation in the industry.
What You’ll Do
- Drive and direct the team’s development process and technical direction
- Coordinate work-load with stakeholders
- Engage and coach your squad members focusing on development, setting expectations and performance management
- Involved in recruitment, orientation and training employees
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience as a Web Developer using PHP/MySQL with at least two years in a senior capacity and able to code in OO design patterns and principles
- Minimum one to two years’ experience in a direct supervisor or mentorship role
- Great technical writing skills to be able to plan, scope and create feature requirement documentation
- Experience working on a highly scalable platform, and able to understand the technical needs to be able to build features that are optimized for performance and scalability
- Experience with WordPress development a must, including familiarity with WordPress MultiSite and large-scale deployment of a WordPress site
- Working knowledge of git, feature branch workflows, docker, webpack and other development tools
- Excellent troubleshooting, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Experience working with JIRA/Confluence for task management and documentation
- Some experience with shell scripting, selenium a plus
- Knowledge of WP CLI and WP JSON API is also a plus
Job Type: Full-Time
Convertus has quickly grown into one of the largest automotive digital marketing agencies in Canada. Our company is exclusively focused on the automotive industry, creating innovative digital marketing solutions to car dealerships and auto manufacturers. Convertus is a preferred Digital Marketing vendor for Fiat Chrysler Automobile Franchise Dealers and for Jaguar Land Rover Franchise Dealers in Canada. We’ve gained incredible traction and our team is growing quickly as a result. Convertus is a subsidiary of TRADER Corporation which owns autoTRADER.ca and is the largest Automotive Technology provider in Canada.
What We Bring to the Table
We’ve got a lot to offer the right candidate – check out the list below to get a feel for what comes along with a career at Convertus:
- Extremely positive and productive atmosphere with an incredible culture
- Downtown office location complete with dogs, kitchen, gym, foosball table, pool table, gaming centre etc.
- Competitive employee benefits (medical, dental, flex spending account, etc.) and pension program
- Career growth opportunities and professional development dollars
- Monthly wellness / transit subsidy
- Casual business environment with semi-flexible hours and paid time off
- Flexible Work from home / remote working policy
- Fully stocked pantry and fridge with snacks and drinks
- Quarterly team-building events (think escape rooms, trampoline parks, etc.)
- Team sports and events (dodgeball, running events, etc.)
- And much more!
Does this sound like a good fit for you?
If so, please send your resume and cover letter through this posting! NO phone calls or walk-ins please.
P.S. Did we mention that we have dogs that come into the office every day? Please do not apply unless you enjoy playing with adorable packs of pups.