Are you looking to work in a fun, challenging, dynamic environment? Do you have foundational accounting knowledge? How about a passion for taking initiative and helping people? Would you like to work with an awesome team, and pet puppies every single day? Our company is unique, innovative, young and fun – so we’ve attempted to create a job posting that embodies the same characteristics. Why did we include a picture of Batman riding a mechanical unicorn surrounded by dolphins and a rainbow on this job posting? Because we can. That’s why.
Life is short. Work somewhere awesome.
We are on the lookout for a talented individual to assist our accounting team in executing accounts receivable duties. To be successful in this position, you will need to be extremely organized, possess top-notch attention to detail, and overall be driven to help out in any way that you can. This will begin as a part-time contract with strong potential for extension and/or a full-time opportunity. Students studying accounting or a similar discipline are absolutely welcome to apply! Boom!
In less than 5 years, Convertus has grown into one of the largest automotive digital marketing agencies in Canada. We’re building something incredible, and having a damn lot of fun along the way. Our company is exclusively focused on the automotive industry, creating innovative digital marketing solutions to car dealerships and auto manufacturers. We’ve gained incredible traction and our team is growing quickly as a result. This is your opportunity to get into an exciting and flexible work environment, with an incredible amount of opportunity for advancement. Wahoo!
What we bring to the table
We’ve got some amazing stuff to offer – check out the list below to get a feel for what comes along with a career at Convertus:
- Extremely positive and productive atmosphere, with an incredible culture
- Access to a range of adorable doggos that come into the office every day
- Incredible company-wide Nerf wars in the office every month
- Team sports and events (dodgeball, running events, etc.)
- An awesome office in Yaletown complete with a foosball table, gaming centre, hammocks, etc.
- An amazing employee benefits program (medical, dental, spending account, etc.)
- Intense ping pong tournaments
- Super casual business environment
- Semi-flexible hours
- Fully stocked pantry and fridge with amazing snacks and drinks
- Quarterly team-building events (think escape rooms, trampoline parks, etc.)
- And much more!
- A baseline knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping gained from relevant post-secondary education or previous work experience
- A/R, A/P, bank reconciliation knowledge is an asset
- Solid understanding of Quickbooks and familiarity with Moneris or similar online merchant systems
- Experience using Basecamp, Asana, or project management systems is an asset
- Ability to work independently and handle feedback positively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management abilities
- Excellent sense of humour/strong knowledge base of memes
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Super duper attention to detail
- Ability to handle timeline shifts in stride and re-organize priorities accordingly
- An understanding of human resource best practices and employment standards is an asset
- Automotive knowledge/experience is an asset
- Previous experience with Nerf guns is a plus
The focus of this position is to assist the accounting team with accounts receivable initiatives, such as invoicing. For the initial contract aspect of this role, the ideal candidate must be available 3-4 full days/week. This is a part-time position with full-time potential after 6 months.
Job Type: Part-Time
Salary: C$17 to $19 Hourly
Let’s do this
Does this sound like a good fit for you? If so, let’s get right to it and make the magic happen.
Please send your resume and cover letter through this posting! NO phone calls or walk-ins, please.
P.S. Did we mention that we have dogs that come into the office every day? Please do not apply unless you enjoy playing with adorable packs of pups.
P.S. Feel free to include a meme in your application that will get our attention and/or make us laugh.
Similar roles: Accounting specialist, bookkeeper, controller, HR, accounting clerk, administrative assistant – Stop reading this and send us your application!