Would you like to work in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic environment alongside a team of passionate industry professionals who specialize in the execution of premium websites and digital marketing solutions for Automotive Retailers?
We’re looking for a Director of Engineering who will be responsible for developing and delivering website and inventory management solutions to support the company’s strategic vision and business goals. This role requires an experienced leader with a proven track record of continuous development and delivery of scalable software services.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with leadership to develop the Engineering vision and strategy to ensure it is aligned with the business strategy, innovation and supports business goals.
- Provide hands-on support, technical guidance, mentorship and coaching to engineering team members.
- Lead and carry out the human resources management function associated with this role, including effective selection, orientation, training, assignment, performance management, recognition and coaching.
- Design and implement development workflows and ensure adherence to best practices.
- Own operational oversight of platforms to meet current and future needs.
- Take part in budget and compensation planning.
- Assist in grooming and planning of development backlog items with product owners and estimate engineering time and effort.
- Hold teams accountable to scrum practices such as bi-weekly sprints, planning meetings, spikes and retrospectives.
- University Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related subject
- 6+ years’ experience in development (4 years of those in a leadership capacity); strong knowledge of website design, backend systems, functionality usability, and web-based application architectures
- Experience with WordPress development a must and strong knowledge of WordPress MultiSite, the WP CLI and WP JSON API
- Working knowledge of git, bit bucket, Jenkins, feature branch workflows, docker, webpack and other development tools
- Excellent troubleshooting, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with JIRA for task management and documentation
- Some experience with shell scripting, selenium a plus
- Ability to lead and coordinate cross-functional teams
- Ability to balance strategic planning with tactical delivery
- Strong knowledge of Scrum / Kanban methodologies
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Requires strong customer focus, organizational skills, emotional intelligence, and ability to manage through change
- Excellent communications skills – comfort level with all levels of management and business and technical stakeholders
- Business acumen, including ability to apply fundamental budget planning, management and human resources management
- Extremely positive and productive atmosphere with an incredible culture
- Downtown office location complete with dogs, kitchen, gym, foosball table, pool table, gaming centre etc.
- Competitive employee benefits program (medical, dental, flex spending account, etc.)
- Career growth opportunities and professional development dollars
- Monthly wellness / transit subsidy.
- Casual business environment with semi-flexible hours
- Fully stocked pantry and fridge with snacks and drinks
- Quarterly team-building events (think escape rooms, trampoline parks, etc.)
- Team sports and events (dodgeball, running events, etc.)
- And much more!
Job Type: Full-Time
Convertus has quickly grown into one of the largest automotive digital marketing agencies in Canada. Our company is exclusively focused on the automotive industry, creating innovative digital marketing solutions to car dealerships and auto manufacturers. Convertus is a preferred Digital Marketing vendor for Fiat Chrysler Automobile Franchise Dealers and for Jaguar Land Rover Franchise Dealers in Canada. We’ve gained incredible traction and our team is growing quickly as a result. Convertus is a subsidiary of TRADER Corporation which owns autoTRADER.ca and is the largest Automotive Technology provider in Canada.
What We Bring to the Table
We’ve got a lot to offer the right candidate – check out the list below to get a feel for what comes along with a career at Convertus:
Does this sound like a good fit for you?
If so, please send your resume and cover letter through this posting! NO phone calls or walk-ins please.
P.S. Did we mention that we have dogs that come into the office every day? Please do not apply unless you enjoy playing with adorable packs of pups.