Are you looking to work in a fun, challenging, dynamic environment? Do you have a passion for back-end web development? Would you like to work with an awesome team of people, and pet puppies every single day? Cheya! Our company is unique, innovative, young and fun – so we’ve attempted to create a job posting that embodies the same characteristics. Why did we include a picture of Batman riding a mechanical unicorn surrounded by dolphins and a rainbow on this job posting? Because we can. That’s why.
Life is short. Work somewhere awesome.
We are on the lookout for a qualified individual to fill a critical role in our sales organization and contribute significantly to the growth of Convertus! More specifically, we’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid of picking up the phone and cold calling someone they don’t know to ask for something that they want. Our Business Development Specialists are tasked with generating opportunities (cold phone/email prospecting to schedule meetings) for our team of Account Executives to pursue within the automotive industry. Boom!
In less than 5 years, Convertus has grown into one of the largest automotive digital marketing agencies in Canada. We’re building something incredible, and having a damn lot of fun along the way. Our company is exclusively focused on the automotive industry, creating innovative digital marketing solutions to car dealerships and auto manufacturers. We’ve gained incredible traction and our team is growing quickly as a result. This is your opportunity to get into an exciting and flexible work environment, with an incredible amount of opportunity for advancement. Wahoo!
What we bring to the table
We’ve got some amazing stuff to offer – check out the list below to get a feel for what comes along with a career at Convertus:
- Extremely positive and productive atmosphere, with an incredible culture
- Access to a range of adorable doggos that come into the office every day
- Incredible company-wide Nerf wars in the office every month
- Team sports and events (dodgeball, running events, etc.)
- An awesome office in Yaletown complete with a foosball table, gaming centre, hammocks, etc.
- An amazing employee benefits program (medical, dental, spending account, etc.)
- Intense ping pong tournaments
- Super casual business environment
- Semi-flexible hours
- Fully stocked pantry and fridge with amazing snacks and drinks
- Quarterly team-building events (think escape rooms, trampoline parks, etc.)
- And much more!
- Experienced in cold prospecting (cold calling and/or email)
- B2B SaaS outbound cold prospecting and/or sales experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle objections and push for the desired outcome
- Amazing verbal and written communication skills on the phone and email
- Excellent sense of humour/strong knowledge base of memes
- Super duper attention to detail
- Automotive knowledge/experience is an asset
- Previous experience with Nerf guns is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: C$40,000 Annually + Commission (OTE of C$55,000 – $65,000)
Let’s do this
Does this sound like a good fit for you? If so, let’s get right to it and make the magic happen.
Please send your resume and cover letter through this posting! NO phone calls or walk-ins please.
P.S. Did we mention that we have dogs that come into the office every day? Please do not apply unless you enjoy playing with adorable packs of pups.
P.S. Feel free to include a meme in your application that will get our attention and/or make us laugh. Better yet, drop your 10s elevator pitch on why you!
Similar roles: Sales development representative, business development representative, business development manager, call centre representative – Stop reading this and send us your application!